Sunday, October 25, 2009

What the future hold....

As a future teacher, I wonder if I would ever keep up to date with the technology fast enough to suit the needs of my students. I fear I day my students will find my teaching irrelevant and that I am an old-fashioned teacher. Nevertheless, this is an eye-opening experience, many possibilities lies ahead for me like willingness to convince myself to stay updated and relevant by taking up more IT courses, getting myself gadgets like Wii and PlayStation and playing them of course.
What might living, learning and working be like in the future? The future holds many possibilities which I am not sure what it will but I am sure of one thing... I am sure it will evolve around Information and Communication Technology or whatever it will be called then... Parents, teachers and the society have to constantly be updated of these technologies as they will be changing along with it, willingly or not. So, I feel that to continue living, learning is the key to staying relevant in the working world otherwise someone with more knowledge will replace you.
Life long learning is the way to it all... This is what NIE is preparing its teachers unconsciously. Teachers have to go through modules like this to stay intouch and be aware of what the future hold for us. Many courses on IT skills where conducted every semester for both Student -teachers and Trainers alike in addition to the IT resources they provide and suggest. Platforms are laid for teachers to share their skills with the fellow friends. All these for the cause of keeping us, teachers, relevant and to ease this transition into the DIGITAL FUTURE.
To stay on track, I must not be afraid to learn new skills...To be a character developer, I must first develop my character... I must develop the love for learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment